Sunday, February 10, 2008

good morning sun

Every once in a while the weather in Zurich is really nice. With really nice I don't just mean sunny or cloudless, but a day without fog and mist. When I go to work in the morning there is one little spot on the track where you can see the mountains from the train. When the weather is really nice you can actually see the sun rising over the mountains and it is incredibly beautiful.

Anyway, at the moment we do have some nice weather here and when I woke up this morning, I thought about taking some pictures. Now some of you might call me crazy or whatever, but I got up today (a sunday) at 6 in the morning and hiked up a mountain. In the woods it was kind of dark, but I have gone the way before a couple of times so I was pretty sure where I was going.

Unfortunately it was misty so I didn't expect to take great pictures, but when I got on top of the mountain at around 7 o'clock I experienced a wonderful sunrise. Most of the pictures look pretty much the same but the scenery was just too inviting to take photos and so I have quite a few of these. Maybe you like some of them and maybe you should think about becoming an early rising person because this was over before eight, before any tourist has crossed my way... So good morning sun!

No comments: